Monday, November 17, 2008

Give Thanks, Mothafuckas

Thanksgiving is next week. I'm looking forward to it I guess. My mom promised my aunt that I'll spend Thanksgiving at her house. Thanks Mom. Three of my cousins, all who are in college as well, are going to be there. So I'll spend the holiday catching up with them. They also have a deranged German Shepherd, with whom I will undoubtedly end up spending a lot of time with.
I've always found Thanksgiving a pointless holiday. I've used it as an opportunity to sit on my ass and do nothing except shove copious amounts of food into my mouth. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting fat with friends and family as much as the next guy, but I don't think I've ever actually considered all that I have to be thankful for. Being away from home this Thanksgiving, it is a good time to start.
-Parents: Pretty self explainable. Always doing shit for me that I probably don't deserve.
-Brother: It's amazing how a single phone call from an 8 year old can turn your day around. He called me on the day after his birthday thanking me again for the Star Wars wii game I bought him. He went on for 10 minute about how cool it is and how good he is at destroying droids.
-Friends: This one is tricky. I've already attempted to describe all that I get from my friends eight times, only to erase everything I've written. My friends make me smile, make me laugh, and make me procrastinate until 3 AM. Honestly life would suck without you guys.
-Girlfriend: It always surprises me how my baby can always be there for me even when she is 2,600 miles away. I need to remind her how much she means to me more often.

I'm well aware this is more than a week early, but its also 18 years late. I totally had this going towards another direction. Whatever, I had to write something.

3 comments:

  1. aww, eliot! haha how cute. i miss you nerbearr ): have a nice thanksgiving in boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neri I miss youuu! Honestly, it's weird going home and knowing that you are not home across from me too. Have fun with your cousins and deranged German shepherd!

    ReplyDelete